- LAUREN RIBERDY
The Basics of Skincare
Hey everyone and welcome back to the BLONDESODA blog. We are pleased to see you again! Today we are going to take a look at the basics of skincare and all the steps you are doing or may have been missing.
As we all know everyone has different skin, and with that comes our own set of concerns, and skincare goals. But to keep things simple there are certain skin-routine rules that generally apply across the board. These are known as the basics 😊
Cleanse - Starting with the most basic or basics ‘wash your face’ lol. Generally, you want to wash your face twice a day. Once in the morning, this will help to remove any sweat oil and debris that may have accumulated overnight. This will also ensure that any of your skincare steps are able to penetrate more efficiently. Cleansing your skin in the evening, is an absolute must, removing dirt and pollutants from the day, along with any makeup from clogging your pores.
When choosing a facial cleanser, its best to pick something on the gentler side, opting for one that will help hydrate the skin. Despite your skin type, lets face it, all skin could use a little extra hydration.
- Pro Tip: Using a micellar water on a cotton pad to remove makeup before doing a cleanse can help to remove any build up of makeup and dirt sitting on the surface of the skin. This will allow the cleanser to work on a deeper level removing dirt and oils from deep within pores.
Treatment – The more personalized part of your routine. This where you can address any concerns you may have. Treatment refers to treating the skin.
For example, if your concern is dark spots, you may be interested in a serum for hyperpigmentation or if you are finding your skin is presenting more fine lines and creases, you may want to consider a serum with repair and anti-aging properties. Even if you don’t have any “concerns” maintenance is key. Adding in a serum with hyaluronic acid with give your skin the extra boost it needs to be appreciated. (Treatments come in a plethora of shapes and forms)
- Pro Tip: Using a pressing motion over a wiping motion will help your treatment penetrate the skin deeper and prevent any pulling or tugging of the skin as well prevent the spread of bacteria.
Moisturize - Appling a moisturizer is important, locking in your treatment products and aiding in hydration. This will also help to keep your skin more balanced, creating a beautiful canvas for future makeup applications.
- Pro Tip: Some of our favorite moisturizer ingredients are
o Hyaluronic acid: Plumps skin and restores lost hydration.
o Ceramides: Crucial for skin-barrier strength and overall health (and important for those with dry skin and eczema).
o Vitamin C: Provides antioxidant protection and overall skin brightening.
Step 4 (the upmost important)
SUNSCREEN!! - Sunscreen serves as a protective barrier between your skin and the sun’s damaging rays. Sun exposure can accelerate signs of premature aging. If you only do one of these steps let it be this one! I promise you; it will make all the difference. You may not notice the benefits right away but you 100% will, in the long run. Do it for future you!
- Pro Tip: Look for sunscreen with both UVB and UVA protection. This will ensure you are full protected
- Some skincare brands include sunscreen in their products, this is a great way to incorporate sunscreen into your daily makeup routine.
If you would like to learn more about skincare and what products may be right for you email us directly at email@example.com. One of our pro artists would be happy to help you out.
& Always Remember Skincare Is Selfcare :)